Easy-to-follow guidance on mathematical formulas and methods that professionals use every day in the automotive, aerospace, medical, construction, and other trades. You’ll learn how to apply concepts of algebra, geometry, and trigonometry and their formulas related to occupational areas of study. Plus, you’ll find out how to perform basic arithmetic operations and solve word problems as they’re applied to specific trades.
- Understand Mathematical concepts used in the skill trades
- Use fundamental formulas and methods to excel in the workplace, classrooms, and on job
- Apply algebra, geometry, and trigonometry to solve on-the-job problems.
Part I: Basic Math, Basic Tools.
- Discovering Technical Math and the Tools of the Trades
- Addition and Subtraction
- Multiplication and Division:
- Measurement and Conversion
Part II: Making Non-Basic Math Simple and Easy.
- Exponents and Square Roots
Part III: Basic Algebra, Geometry, and Trigonometry.
- Quick-and-Easy Geometry
- Calculating Areas, Perimeters, and Volumes
Part IV: Math for the Business of Your Work.
- Time Math
- Math for Computer Techs and Users
Part V: The Part of Tens.
- Tips for Solving Any Math Problem
- Formulas You’ll Use Most Often
- Ways to Avoid Everyday Math Stress